The Resume of Claude G. Moutray
461 Lupine Circle
Birthday: August 7, 1944
Family: Wife, Angela, of 35 years and two daughters, 26 and 30.
Favorite leisure activities: golf and pocket billiards.
- 1972: Master of Education: Northeastern Oklahoma State University
- Area of Study: Mathematics
- 1966: Bachelor of Arts in Education
Arizona State University
- 1964: Associate Degree
Oklahoma Military Academy
- 1991-1996: Appointed by the College board to grade the Advanced Placement (AP) Calculus test.
- 1988: International Baccalaureate (IB) mathematics Seminar in Denver, Colorado, on methods of teaching higher level IB mathematics.
- 1985: IB Mathematics Seminar in Montezuma, New Mexico, on methods of teaching IB mathematics with AP Calculus.
- 1984: AP Calculus Training Seminar given by the College Board to become an AP Mathematics Consultant. I have given seminars on how to begin an AP Calculus program throughout the Southwest.
- 1980: Attended an AP Calculus seminar on how to begin an AP program. In 1981, I began teaching AP Calculus at B. T. Washington in Tulsa.
- 1975: Attained 60 hours past Masters, mainly from Northeastern Oklahoma State University, emphasis on counseling and administration.
- 1973: Attained 30 hours past Masters, mainly from Northeastern Oklahoma State University, emphasis in mathematics.
- 2000-present: Mathematics teacher, Vacaville High School, Vacaville, California. Classes: CPM Geometry, CPM Algebra I, and Survey Math A.
- 1999-2000: Mathematics teacher, Fairfield High School, Fairfield, California. Classes: CPM Geometry and CPM Algebra I.
- 1998-1999: Mathematics teacher, Academy High, Fairfield, California.
Classes: Mathematics A and B.
- 1997-1998: Natural gas marketer and controller for HS Energy Services, Inc., Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- 1996-1997: Mathematics teacher, Cascia Hall, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Casia Hall Classes:
- AP Calculus
- Advanced Algebra II/Trigonometry
- 1995-1996: Teaching mathematics at Tulsa Community College and Tulsa University.
- 1992-1994: Mathematics teacher, B. T. Washington (magnet) High School, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Washington Classes:
- AP/IB Calculus I and II
- Advanced Algebra II
- Advanced Geometry
- 1990-1992: Mathematics Curriculum Coordinator for Tulsa Public Schools.
- 1979-1990: Mathematics Teacher, B. T. Washington High School, Tulsa, Oklahoma. Classes: AP/IB Calculus I and II, Pre-Calculus, Algebra and Geometry.
- Additional duties included:
- a. Academic Bowl Coach from 1984-1989, during which time the team won the state championship five times, and placed fourth in a national competition.
- b. Mathematics Department Chairman from 1983-1990.
- 1979-1998: Mathematics teacher, evening and summer school classes for Tulsa Community College and Tulsa University. Classes: vary.
- 1973-1979: Charles Mason High School, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- a. 1977-1979 Mathematics teacher of Algebra II, Mathematical Analysis/Trigonometry, Calculus; Mathematics Department Chairman; Head cross-country and tennis coach.
- b. 1975-1977 Dean of Students, responsible for discipline and attendance.
- c. 1974-1975 Mathematics teacher of Algebra I and II.
- 1973-1974: Mathematics teacher, Thoreau Junior High School, Tulsa.
- 1970-1973: Mathematics teacher, Roosevelt Junior High School, Tulsa.
- 1966-1970: United States Air Force, stationed in Alabama, Thailand, and Florida.
- 1991: Served as a master teacher for Tulsa University during a summer workshop for secondary mathematics teachers.
- 1987: Served on a committee of the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association to develop a plan for state wide academic bowl competitions.
- 1986: Requested by the State Department of Education to serve on a panel to develop a five year plan to improve mathematics instruction in the Tulsa Public Schools, one result was the initiation of mathematics proficiency testing.
- 1985: State Department of Education committee to validate Suggested Learner Outcomes for secondary mathematics.
- Others include:
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Oklahoma Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Tulsa Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Fairfield Suisun Unified Teachers
- California Teachers Association
- Tulsa Classroom Teachers
Return to top of page